If venturing into your kitchen is more stressful than fun, you need these kitchen organizing tips. From making the most of cabinets and shelves, to grouping the right products together, you can have greater peace of mind.
Читать дальше “Kitchen Organizing Tips” »
Coffee is a delight for us all but not just because of its properties or taste, but also because of the fact that it comes in a diversity of varieties. While all of us have our favorite, none of us can deny that cappuccino, macchiato or latte are some of the best forms of coffee. What makes these three some of the best is the frothed milk.
It doesn’t matter if you like to prepare your own coffee or you get it at your favorite café, if the milk isn’t frothed properly, you might despise the taste because it might even taste like cardboard. Even if all of your ingredients are the same as on your
Читать дальше “Things You Need to Know About Frothing Milk” »
If your living space is small and cramped, then you need to see our tips. We have some ideal storage solutions for your tiny apartment. No need to visit an expensive home goods store; with a reasonable
Food is just so much more fun when it is on a stick. Our shish kabob recipe is super yummy, and will delight eaters young and old. This recipe is easy to make and is a staple in Turkey (where they also make lamb kabobs.) Our recipe includes a delightful shish kabob marinade that will add extra flavor to your meet and veggies. So, grab your
Читать дальше “Turkish Beef Shish Kabobs” »
The secret to a delicious meal is perfect, healthy ingredients – we all know that. But picking the freshest vegetables and getting your money’s worth somehow always seems to be a gamble. We instinctively know to avoid bruised and blemished vegetables, but there is more to the art of picking fresh, nutritious vegetables from the lot.
Different vegetables in your grocery list have different shelf-lives, different tell-tale signs of being ripe and nutritious and different tips to select the best of the lot. While of course color, size and smell are great markers as a common thumb rule, here are some specific clues for the most common vegetables.
Читать дальше “How to Pick Fresh Ripe Vegetables” »
Who does not love to indulge in a wonderful glass of wine from time to time? Heck, a glass a day can keep the doctor away! Here we have some perfect wine pairings for your next dinner. Whether you choose to enjoy these combinations alone or with good company, you are going to fall in love. So grab your
Читать дальше “Perfect Wine Pairings” »
Washi tapes are cool colored and designed paper tapes from Japan, used by crafters to add oomph to their materials. These are affordable items that can be bought at Michael’s, Target and other craft stores; online from Amazon and Etsy for as low as $5; or you can get them in bulk from Alibaba for a few cents, minimum number of orders required, and of course, you have to pay for international shipping fee. Well, here are some ideas to help you maximize your use of washi tapes around your home. Add them to your shopping list now!
Читать дальше “Design Using Washi Tapes” »
- whole eggs 2
- egg yolks 3
- liquid honey ⅓ c (plus extra)
- whipping cream 1 ½ c
- vanilla extract ¼ t
- raspberries 1 ½ c
- blueberries 1 ⅓ c
- sugar 1 T
- Take a 9” x 5” loaf pan and line it with saran wrap so that the wrap hangs over the edges. You may also use multiple mini loaf pans.
- In a saucepan, boil some water. Place a metal mixing bowl over the pan and whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and honey. Continue beating the mixture (you can use a whisk or hand-mixer) so that it doubles in volume and takes on a pale color. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl and the pan off the heat and continue whisking or beating for about 5 to 7 more minutes so that it cools and gets thicker.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream and vanilla and whisk this so that it forms stiff peaks. Fold the vanilla mixture into the egg mixture in batches. Carefully use a spoon to pour the mixture into the loaf pan; on top of the saran wrap.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the raspwberries, blueberries, and sugar. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator.
- Take the loaf pan out of the freezer and flip it upside so the semifreddo slides out and onto a serving plate. It can help to put the loaf pan in a hot water bath for a moment to help the semifreddo slip out. Place the berry and sugar mixture on top of the semifreddo, drizzle with honey, and serve.
Spring is suddenly in the air and summer is just around the corner. Doesn’t it make you want to get outdoors and feel the sun against your skin! The good news is that some scientific studies are suggesting that moderate exposure to natural sunlight can provide all sorts of health benefits. Let’s take a look at 5 reasons why a bit of sunshine in your life is actually going to do you some good.
Читать дальше “5 Reasons to Get Out Into the Sunshine” »
We must admit, with the continuous advancements that have been going through in the technology, sending letters can be done through email, notes through texts and data through various editors. We now miss the chance of writing down all these using our hand. At times, people even think, “Why should we waste time on handwriting when there are amazing laptops that can help us send out the message instantly?”. Well, although there is a handful of benefits computers, laptops and smartphones have provided these days, isn’t it scary that the art of handwriting is slowly withering?
Thank God for skilled and talented calligraphy enthusiasts! If you check out Instagram and Pinterest, you would probably see a lot of people’s breathtakingly beautiful handwriting. Yes, these were not printed – they manually did the strokes to come up with amazing letters.
Читать дальше “Calligraphy – the New Soothing Hobby” »