Berry Semifreddo with Honey
Impress everyone with this deceitfully simple semifreddo dessert. Just a few minutes of prep and you stick it in the freezer for an after-dinner delight!
- whole eggs 2
- egg yolks 3
- liquid honey ⅓ c (plus extra)
- whipping cream 1 ½ c
- vanilla extract ¼ t
- raspberries 1 ½ c
- blueberries 1 ⅓ c
- sugar 1 T
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Take a 9” x 5” loaf pan and line it with saran wrap so that the wrap hangs over the edges. You may also use multiple mini loaf pans.
- In a saucepan, boil some water. Place a metal mixing bowl over the pan and whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and honey. Continue beating the mixture (you can use a whisk or hand-mixer) so that it doubles in volume and takes on a pale color. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl and the pan off the heat and continue whisking or beating for about 5 to 7 more minutes so that it cools and gets thicker.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the whipping cream and vanilla and whisk this so that it forms stiff peaks. Fold the vanilla mixture into the egg mixture in batches. Carefully use a spoon to pour the mixture into the loaf pan; on top of the saran wrap.
- Place the loaf pan in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine the raspwberries, blueberries, and sugar. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator.
- Take the loaf pan out of the freezer and flip it upside so the semifreddo slides out and onto a serving plate. It can help to put the loaf pan in a hot water bath for a moment to help the semifreddo slip out. Place the berry and sugar mixture on top of the semifreddo, drizzle with honey, and serve.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/