To make authentic guacamole, you don’t need bells and whistles. Just some superb avocadoes and a few basics will give you that simple yet irresistible Mexican taste.
Yields 6 servings
- large ripe Hass avocados, 5
- juice from large limes, 2
- medium white onion (chopped), 1
- fresh cilantro (diced), ¾ с
- large tomato (chopped), 1
- optional: fresh jalapeno (diced), 1
- Halve and pit the avocados. Scoop out the flesh and put in a large bowl.
- Add juice of one lime. Break up the avocadoes with a fork. Note: guacamole can be as creamy or chunky as you want. A food processor can help you achieve a creamy consistency).
- Add onions, tomatoes, and cilantro; combine with avocados.
- Add juice of second lime and salt.
- Add jalapeno, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips or a Mexican entrée.