Finding recipes for simple dinners is important for couples who are constantly on the go. The less time required in the kitchen, the better! We’ve come up with some simple dinner ideas that are quick and easy and your dear one will love them.
Honey Dijon Pork
Put pork on your
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into squares
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into squares
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, whisk flour and 2 tablespoons orange juice until smooth; whisk in the honey, mustard, basil and remaining orange juice.
- Lightly pound the pork chops then season with salt and pepper before placing in a dish. Place vegetables around the meat. Pour mixture over chops.
- Bake at 350° for 40 – 50 minutes. Pork shouldn’t be pink. Save this recipe as one of our great simple dinner ideas.
Pad Thai noodles – hit of simple family dinners for life on the go
Asian cooking won’t be hard with these simple dinner ideas.
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 lbs raw tiger prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1in piece root ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 x 1/2 lbs packs Pad Thai noodles
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 10 ounce bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon fish sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 ounce peanuts, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Heat the sunflower oil in the wok and add prawns. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes until just pink (1 minute if precooked).
- Add the garlic and ginger, stir constantly for 1 minute. Add beaten egg stir until lightly scrambled.
- Add the noodles, carrot, bean sprouts, sugar, fish sauce, lime zest and juice. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts, chilli, spring onions and fresh parsley. It’s ready to serve.
Turkey Peppers, one of the most simple dinners
One of our great heart healthy simple dinner ideas. Enjoy!
- 3/4 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a greased skillet over medium heat cook turkey meat, stirring in the salsa, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Stuff turkey into bell pepper halves. Arrange in a baking dish and spoon 2 tablespoons tomato sauce over each. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Add 1/4 cup water to baking dish before covering and placing in the oven.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes. It’s ready to serve.