Anyone could tell you that preparing and serving a home-cooked meal every night is no small feat. If only we could provide scrumptious, quick dinners without slaving over a hot stove! Maybe you think the only way you can provide quick dinners is to hit the drive-thru. Well, you need to rethink quick dinner recipes!
We’ve come up with four quick dinner recipes that can be prepped and cooked in a half hour or less. Quick dinner recipes are all about using flavourful ingredients in crafty ways. Ours span the spectrum of ethnic dishes, and we hope you find these quick recipes for dinner delectable and dependable!
Turkey Scaloppine – One of our favorite hearty, quick dinners
This is a prime example of what quick dinner recipes are all about. You can use slices of turkey or chicken. It is as easy as coating them in flour, sauteing them for a couple of minutes, and finishing them off with white wine. This meal is complete with a refreshingly simple side of stir-fried zucchini.
- all-purpose flour, ½ c
- Cajun seasoning (divided), 1 ¼ tsp
- turkey breast, 1 ½ lbs
- olive oil, 2 tbsp
- dry white wine, 1 c
- Mix 1 tsp of the seasoning with the flour in a small bowl; coat turkey in mixture, shaking off excess.
- Saute turkey in oiled pan over medium-high for a minute or two on each side or until cooked thoroughly. Place meat on a large dish; keep warm.
- Pour remaining seasoning and white wine to pan; heat for a minute or two or until half is reduced; stirring continuously. Pour over meat and serve at once.
Corned Beef with Marmalade-Mustard Glaze – Elegant, yet simple
Quick recipes for dinner are often make-ahead meals. You can cook the meat today and serve it tomorrow for a go-to supper. This is a star among quick dinner recipes. All you will have to do is glaze the beef with the mustard and marmalade and put it in the oven!
- orange marmalade, ½ c
- stone-ground mustard, 2 tbsp
- corned beef brisket (cooked thoroughly), 3-3 ½ lbs
- Combine orange marmalade and stone-ground mustard.
- Apply half the mixture to beef brisket, coat baking pan with thin layer of oil, place brisket on pan.
- Cook at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until well done, occasionally applying other half of glaze. Pair with steamed or sauteed cabbage.
Almond-Crusted Tilapia – Light and refreshing
Fish is a popular choice for quick dinner recipes, so it should definitely be in your
- sliced almonds (divided), 1 c
- all-purpose flour, ¼ c
- tilapia filets (6 oz), 4
- salt, ½ tsp
- butter, 2 tbsp
- olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Place ½ c nuts into food processor and blend until finely chopped. Pour into small bowl with flour.
- Apply even coating of salt to tilapia; coat in flour and nuts.
- In deep saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat; add tilapia; saute each side for 4 minutes or until done. Place fish on platter.
- Add the rest of the nuts to the pan and saute for one minute; stirring occasionally. Top tilapia with browned nuts. Serve at once.
Beef Filets with Orange Cream – One of the quick recipes for dinner that impress
Quick dinners often utilize ingredients we already have on hand. For this recipe, you need orange marmalade, horseradish, and whipped cream. The combination is superb with beef cooked on the grill! This is sure to be on of your favorite quick recipes for dinner.
- beef tenderloin steak (6-8 oz), 4
- cracked pepper, ½ tsp
- whipped cream, 1 c
- orange marmalade, 2 tbsp
- store-bought horseradish, 1-2 tbsp
- orange rinds for topping
- Prep tenderloins with cracked pepper.
- Place meat on grill and cook, covered, for 4-6 minutes each side over medium-high heat.
- Combine whipped cream, orange marmalade, and horseradish in small pan. Boil over medium-high heat; continuously stir. Decrease heat, simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over tenderloins and top with orange rinds. Serve at once.