How did you start your day today; with a small, medium or large cup of coffee? Your mind is already thinking about another coffee, we are sure. Let’s make a little change in your menu today. Instead of a cup, put your coffee in a pan, bowl or an ice cream cup. Yummy, sounds like a sweet sin, right?
Before you start to experiment in the kitchen, make sure the coffee is first on your
Choose a recipe and enjoy the final result!
Hot Fudge Coffee Cake
- Flour (1 cup)
- Sugar (1/3 cup)
- Brown sugar (3/4 cup)
- Cocoa powder (1/4 cup)
- Nonfat milk (1/2 cup)
- Oil (2 tbsp.)
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp.)
- Toasted pecan halves (1/4 cup)
- Hot strong coffee (1 1/3)
- Baking powder (2 tsp.)
- Salt (1/2 tsp.)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Coat a baking dish (preferably 8 by 8 inch) with cooking spray.
- Mix sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a glass measuring cup, add the milk, oil, beaten egg and vanilla extract, and stir it into the bowl with first-mentioned ingredients (powder, sugar and salt). Add the pecans into the mix, and spoon into the pan by spreading it nice and flat.
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the hot coffee and spoon over in the pan. Bake this for 25 minutes, and serve it after letting it stand for 7-10 minutes.
Yummy Mocha Ice Pops
- Half-and-half (1 cup, by choice)
- Vanilla extract (1/4 tsp.)
- Cocoa powder, unsweetened (2 tbsp.)
- Sugar (4-5 tbsp. brown or regular, by choice)
- Salt (a pinch)
- Mix the coffee, sugar and cocoa in a bowl and wait for the sugar to dissolve. Add half-and-half, vanilla and salt until it gets well-combined.
- Add from the mixture you’ve made into the pop molds, insert the sticks and freeze until every pop gets firm. You’ll need to wait around 6 hours for this.
- Before unmolding the pops, dip the molds in hot water, but do that briefly, else they’ll melt!
Easy-to-make coffee cake
- Flour (1 ½ cups)
- Baking powder (1 tsp.)
- White sugar (6 tbsp.)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Salt (1/2 tsp.)
- Shortening (1/3 cup)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- 1 egg
- Vanilla extract (1/2 tsp.)
- Melted butter (2 tbsp.)
- Flour (2 tbsp.)
- Ground cinnamon (1/2 tsp.)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. You’ll need a 9-inch pan, greased and floured.
- Mix the flour, the baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut the shortening with a pastry blender to small-sized peas. In another bowl, add a beaten egg, milk and vanilla and add it to the first mixture. Pour this in the pan and drizzle it with melted butter. In a third bowl, mix brown sugar, the small amount of flour and cinnamon, and put this on top of the cake.
- Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes.
Have a coffee-sweet day!