Zucchini is a vegetable that can be used in any number of dishes. Not only is it pretty to look at, but it adds a nutritional punch to whatever you’re cooking. September is prime season for zucchini, so whip up these muffins for a sweet-savory snack!
Yields 12 servings
- all-purpose flour, 1½ c
- white sugar, ½ c
- packed brown sugar, ½ c
- grated zucchini (about 2 small), 1½ c
- salt, ½ t
- eggs, 2
- cinnamon, ½ t
- nutmeg, ¼ t
- vanilla extract, 1 t
- canola oil, 1/3 c
- baking powder, 2 t
- cinnamon and sugar, sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Take a large bowl and combine the flour, white and brown sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set to the side.
- Take a new medium-sized bowl and thoroughly stir together the zucchini, eggs, vanilla, and oil. Add this combination to the large bowl, being careful not to overmix.
- Take a muffin tin and fill the cups up ¾ of the way with the muffin mixture. Sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on the top and then bake in the oven for a half hour. Muffins should be golden-brown.