Lemon Cake with Yogurt and Frosting
With the weather getting warmer, the flowers blooming, and the fruits ripening, you can look forward to some delicious summertime desserts! Paired with a nice cup of coffee or tea, this light and fluffy dessert will leave you in food paradise.
- All-purpose flour 1 ½ c
- Baking powder 2 t
- Kosher salt ½ t
- Plain yogurt (whole milk) 1 c
- Sugar 1 ⅓ c
- Eggs 3
- Lemon zest (grated) 2 t
- Vanilla extract ½ t
- Vegetable oil ½ c
- Lemon juice ⅓ c plus 2 T
- Confectioner’s sugar 1 c
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or oil a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the baking powder and salt; sift in the flour. In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and one cup of sugar.
- Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add the vegetable oil and thoroughly mix everything together until there are no dry lumps.
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To make the frosting, mix ⅓ cup of lemon juice and ⅓ cup of sugar; add the mixture to a saucepan and heat on medium-high until the sugar dissolves and you have a clear mixture. Reserve for later.
- Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the confectioner’s sugar to create a glaze.
- Remove the loaf cake from the oven and let cool on counter for 10 minutes. Pour the reserved frosting over the cake. Add the glaze and serve.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/