Going gluten-free is a cinch with these to-die-for comfort food recipes!
Creamy Mac and Cheese
You can go gluten-free and have your pasta too! Here is a GF version of the classic mac and cheese.
Yields 4 Servings
- Gluten-free elbow pasta, 16 oz.
- Unsalted butter, 1 ½ t (plus 3 T)
- Onion, ½ c (chopped)
- Gluten-free flour, 2 T
- Milk, 2 c
- Grated Mexican cheese blend, ¾ c
- Grated Pepper Jack cheese, ¼ c
- Kosher salt, 1 t
- Black pepper, 1 t
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Butter a casserole dish; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 ½ teaspoons butter; add onions and cook 5 minutes.
- In separate saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, and flour; stirring to combine.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring. Cook to thicken mixture (about 8 minutes.)
- Add the cheeses to the milk mixture; cook and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drain the pasta. In the casserole dish, thoroughly combine the milk mixture, the onions, and the pasta. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes; serve.
Perfect Pumpkin Pancakes
Add gluten-free pancake mix to your
Yields 12 4-Inch Pancakes
- Gluten-free pancake mix, 1 ½ c
- Cinnamon, 1 t
- Canned pumpkin, ½ c
- Almond milk, 1 c (room temperature)
- Egg, 1 large
- Coconut oil, 2 T (melted)
- Cane sugar, 2 T
- Combine the pancake mix and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine pumpkin, milk, egg, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Add wet ingredients to pancake mix; combine well.
- Heat some oil in a skillet; use a spoon to add dollops of pancake mixture onto skillet.
- Cook pancakes until bubbles form; flip and cook other side.
- Serve pancakes with butter and maple syrup.
Not only is this comfort dish gluten-free, but it is chock-full of vegetables, too! It’s a healthy win-win for your tummy!
Yields 8 Servings
- Zucchini, 4 large (sliced ¼-inch thick)
- Kale, 2 c (chopped)
- Mozzarella, 2 c
- Marinara sauce, 2 c
- Ricotta cheese, 1 ½ c
- Ground turkey, 1 lb. (optional)
- Parmesan, ½ c
- Salt, 1 t
- Garlic powder, 1 t
- Onion powder, 1 t
- Black pepper, 1 t
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a casserole dish; set aside
- In a skillet, cook the ground turkey (if using); add the salt, garlic, onion, and pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the cheese, the ricotta, Parmesan, and egg; set aside.
- Create a layer of zucchini slices on bottom of casserole dish. Add a layer of kale, then turkey mixture, then ricotta mixture.
- Pour some marinara over the ricotta. Repeat layers until ingredients are used up. Add mozzarella to top.
- Bake 45 minutes; remove from oven. Let cool 15 minutes; serve.