Berry Topped Panna Cotta
If you want to impress your friends without taking a cooking class, then whip up this delightful Panna Cotta dessert. It will transport everyone to a villa in Italy!
- Whole milk, 1 c
- Unflavored gelatin, 2 ½ t
- Heavy whipping cream, 2 c
- Sugar, ½ c (plus 1 T)
- Vanilla extract 1 t
- Sour cream 1 c
- Berries 2 c
- Granulated sugar 3 T
- Lemon juice ½ T
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a saucepan, add the milk and layer the gelatin mix on top; let sit 3-5 minutes UNHEATED. Once gelatin is dissolved, heat saucepan on medium. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring.
- Pour in the whipping cream and the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring. Remove from heat; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, place the sour cream and whisk while adding the heated cream from the saucepan. Whisk until smooth, then divide into 8 ramekins. Refrigerate 4-6 hours until set.
- To make the berry topping, combine half the berries (try a mixture of raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries) with the lemon juice and granulated sugar. Simmer 4-5 minutes to form a syrupy consistency.
- Add the other half of the berries; remove from heat. Let cool and pour over the 8 ramekins of panna cotta.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/