Easy dinner recipes for two don’t have to be a huge deal. Yet you can still create a decent spread without slaving over a hot stove. Here we have three main courses for easy dinners for two that incorporate items you already have on your
Avocado Primavera Pasta
Healthy fat from the avocado pairs nicely with the pasta. Who said easy dinner recipes for two had to be boring?
- spaghetti (or other pasta), 6 oz.
- ripe avocado (pitted, peeled), 1 large
- fresh lime juice, 1 T
- garlic (minced), 1 clove
- fresh cilantro (chopped), ¼ c
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In medium saucepan, boil enough water for pasta. Add salt and pasta, reduce heat to a simmer, cook until al dente (about 9 minutes.)
- While pasta boils, combine avocado, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- When pasta’s ready, drain and move to serving bowl. Pour avocado sauce over pasta; coat thoroughly. Add salt and pepper; serve.
Frittata with Mushrooms and Tomatoes
Easy dinners for two can take a cue from breakfast. Try this frittata for a new twist!
- unsalted butter, 1 oz.
- Swiss brown mushrooms (chopped), 7 oz.
- vine-ripened tomatoes (wedges), 2
- eggs, 4
- aged cheddar (grated), 2 ½ oz.
- flat-leaf parsley, ½ c
- Preheat grill or stove to high.
- In non-stick skillet, melt ¾ of butter; add mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Tomatoes should soften.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs and tablespoon of water. Add cheese, parsley, and cooked mushrooms and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining butter to skillet; melt over medium-high. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook 6 minutes, stirring. Egg should set. Cook 4 minutes longer; transfer to serving platter. Halve and serve.
Meaty Sour Cream Bites
Looking for easy dinner recipes for two that are perfect for date night? Give these meatballs a go and you’ll never look back!
- bread crumbs, ¼ c
- potato (peeled, grated), ½ c
- onion (diced), 2 T
- egg (beaten), 2 T
- garlic powder, 1/8 t
- pepper (divided), ¼ t
- lean ground beef, ½ lb.
- water, ¾ c
- cream of mushroom soup, 2/3 c
- sour cream, ½ c
- canned mushrooms (drained), ½ c
- onion soup mix, 4 ½ t
- cooked egg noodles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix together bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle beef on top; combine thoroughly.
- Form beef mixture into balls measuring 1 ½ inches. Place onto non-stick baking dish. In separate bowl, mix together water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix, and remaining pepper. Pour mixture over beef bites.
- Place in oven; bake for 35 minutes (meat shouldn’t be pink.) Serve with egg noodles if desired.