Cupcakes are not just for kids; adults can get in on the fun, too! There is always an excuse for a batch of cupcakes, be it a baby shower, a birthday, a graduation…whatever! So here are some cute cupcake ideas that you can whip up in a snap! People will be amazed at your baking skills, but the truth is, these recipes are a piece of cake (pun intended!)
Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
These small treats pack a punch once you bite into them, and they make for a stunning presentation! The best part of all? Your
- Chocolate cupcake mix, 1 package
- Eggs, 2
- Oil, 1/3 cup
- Bite-sized peanut butter cups, 1 package
Ingredients for Icing:
- Butter (softened), 1 c
- Creamy peanut butter, 1 c
- Powdered sugar, 4 c
- Milk, 5 t
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Thoroughly combine the eggs, oil, and cupcake mix in a bowl (follow package directions.) Pour the batter into a cupcake tin (greased or lined) and carefully place a bite-sized piece of candy in the center of each cupcake (you may have to cut the candy in half.)
- Bake the cupcakes for about 18 minutes (see package directions for exact time.)
- To make the icing, thoroughly combine the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and milk in a small bowl. Pour the icing mixture into a Ziploc bag, seal it, and cut off a small corner.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven; let cool. Pipe some icing onto each cupcake. Garnish with another peanut butter cup, if desired.
The colder weather means that people will be eager to eat these cupcakes up right away! Add a special touch with vanilla frosting that you can make yourself. These “semi-homemade” treats are a real delight!
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- Yellow cupcake mix, 1 package
- Canned pumpkin, 1 (15 oz.) can
- Vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 package
- Flour, ½ c
- Eggs, 4
- Sour cream, 1 c
- Vegetable oil, 1 c
- Water, ½ c
- Vanilla extract, ½ t
Ingredients for Frosting:
- Powdered sugar, 6 c
- Milk, ½ c
- Butter (softened), 3 sticks
- Vanilla extract, 1 t
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all of the cupcake ingredients except the cinnamon.
- Pour the batter into a lined or greased cupcake tin; bake for about 18 minutes until the cupcakes are golden brown.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix together the frosting ingredients. Pour the mixture into a Ziploc bag, seal it, and cut off a small corner.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven; let cool. Pipe some frosting onto the cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon.