Steak and Cheese Burrito
Get a complete meal in a rolled-up package with these steak and cheese burritos. They are chock-full of ingredients that are quick and simple so you barely have to do any prep!
- fresh salsa ½ c
- water ½ c
- instant brown rice ¼ c
- black beans (rinsed) 1 (15-ounce) can
- strip steak (trimmed and sliced) 12 ounces
- black pepper ¼ t
- canola oil 1 T
- 8-inch tortillas 4
- Sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded) ½ c
- guacamole ¼ c
- fresh cilantro 2 T
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a small pot, bring the salsa and water to a boil. Add the rice, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pot, add the beans, and cook until the rice absorbs the liquid and becomes fluffy (about 5 more minutes.) Be sure to stir occasionally while cooking.
- Season the strip steak with black pepper and cook it in an oiled skillet for about 3 to 5 minutes so that it is brown and cooked.
- Lay the 4 tortillas down flat and divide the steak, shredded cheese, rice, and guacamole between them. Garnish each one with some cilantro. Roll them up like a burrito and serve.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/