Let’s face it: dessert is our favorite part of the day. Yet if you’re looking for healthy desserts for kids, we’ve got your answer. Here are three healthy dessert recipes for kids that you won’t mind indulging in yourself! Plus, you can make a shopping list go further because the ingredients are super simple.
Healthy Dessert Recipes for Kids: Crazy Confetti Fruit Dippers
Healthy desserts for kids can be a chance for tiny hands to work in the kitchen. Have the little ones help you out with this healthy and delicious fruit dip!
- fruit of your choice, 2 c
- vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 (5.3-oz.) tub
- rainbow sprinkles, 1 ½ T>
- Rinse and dry the fruit; set to side.
- Place the yogurt into a medium-sized bowl. Add one tablespoon of the sprinkles; stir. Add remaining sprinkles on top.
- Serve immediately, dipping fruit.
Cheery Cherry Brownie Bites
One word: chocolate. You won’t believe that you can make a
- ripe avocado (mashed), 1
- coconut oil, 2 T
- whole egg, 1
- sugar, ½ c
- brown sugar, ½ c
- Coca-Cola, ¼ c
- vanilla, 1 t
- baking cocoa, ¾ c
- flour, ½ c
- dried cherries, 2/3 c
- dark chocolate (chopped), 2 oz.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Coat an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado. Add the coconut oil, egg, sugars, soda, and vanilla. Use a hand mixer on low; mix for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking cocoa and flour. Pour into bowl of wet ingredients and mix on low for 1 minute or until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the dried cherries and chocolate; combine thoroughly.
- Place mixture into baking pan and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove brownies from oven, let cool. Cut into small portions and serve.
- Leftovers can be stored in refrigerator for 5 days max.
Simply Ice Creamy Macaroons
Ice cream is one of the best ingredients if you’re looking for healthy desserts for kids. Put a twist on it with simply ice creamy macaroons!
- white cake mix, 1 (18.25-oz.) package
- vanilla ice cream (softened), 1 pt.
- vanilla extract, 2 t
- sweetened coconut flakes, 6 c
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to combine the cake mix, ice cream, and vanilla. Add the coconut.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out balls of dough. Place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet (you can also use wax paper.)
- Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven, cool 1 minutes, remove to cool plate or wire rack.