In the mood for something ethnic? Good easy recipes for dinner don’t have to be a chore. You can travel with just your
Indian Kadai Chicken
Good ideas for dinner often make the best of spices and seasonings, like this meal from India.
- chicken, 2 lb (chopped into cubes)
- oil, 4 T -onion, ½ c (sliced)
- tomatoes, 1 ½ c (peeled and sliced)
- fresh coriander leaves, 2 T (chopped)
- ginger paste, 1 T
- garlic paste, 1 T
- garam masala powder, 4 t
- bay leaves, 2
- red chilies, 4 (whole)
- coriander seeds, 2 t
- red chili powder, 1 t
- Grind red chilies and coriander seeds to make a coarse mixture.
- Pour oil into kadai; heat. Place in bay leaves, then onions. Cook until browned.
- Place in ginger and garlic pastes; cook on medium, 2 minutes.
- Add the mixture from step #1; stir. Add tomatoes; cook thoroughly.
- Add chicken, preferred amount of salt and red chili powder; combine thoroughly.
- Place lid over kadai; cook until chicken becomes tender.
- Add garam masala powder. Top with coriander leaves and onions.
- Pair with warmed parathas.
Good Easy Recipes for Dinner – West African Peanut Stew
This African delight will be one of your favorite good dinner recipes for family.
- peanut oil, 2 T
- red onion, 1 (chopped)
- garlic cloves, 2 (minced)
- fresh ginger, 2 T (chopped)
- chicken, 1 lb (cut into cubes)
- crushed red pepper, 1 T
- black pepper
- chicken stock, 5 c
- sweet potatoes, 3 small (cut into cubes)
- canned tomatoes, 1 (16-oz) can + liquid
- collard greens, ¼ lb (chopped)
- chunky peanut butter, 1 c
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add onion, garlic, and ginger; cook until soft. Put in the chicken and cook thoroughly. Add seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper.) Add the stock, then the sweet potatoes; boil. Lower heat, cover pot halfway; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, collard greens, and peanut butter. Cover pot halfway. Cook, occasionally stirring, 20 minutes. Serve.
Good ideas for dinner involve just a few nourishing ingredients, like in this Turkish Menemen.
- olive oil, 8 T
- long green peppers, 2 (halved, deseeded, diced)
- tomatoes, 2 large (peeled, diced)
- eggs, 4 large, whisked
- salt, 1 pinch
- red pepper flakes, 1 pinch
- dry thyme, 1 pinch
- crusty white bread
- In a non-stick skillet, heat oil on medium. Pour in the peppers; cook 3 minutes. Add tomatoes; simmer 6 minutes. Liquid should evaporate.
- Fold in the eggs. For more done eggs, cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Be sure not to overcook; eggs should be slightly runny. Remove skillet from heat; serve menemen with bread.