Are you always putting your health on the back burner because you just think it is too expensive and time-consuming? Well, then you need to take a peek at these delicious and simple recipes. Not only are they a snap to whip up, but they also include common items that you already include on your
With a boost of vitamins from dark leafy greens and some protein for lean muscle, this is a recipe that will definitely start your day off on the right foot.
- Egg, 1 large
- Spinach, 1 c
- Pinto beans, ¼ c (rinsed)
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and beans together. Sauté the spinach until wilted.
- Add the egg and bean mixture to the spinach, sauté until egg is cooked.
Forget about ordering for Chinese take-out. This recipe is just as easy and it won’t pack on the MSG and other weird additives.
- Brown rice, ½ c
- Broccoli, 1 c (chopped)
- Black beans, ½ c (rinsed)
- Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
- Lightly boil the broccoli, adding in the black beans for the last 1-2 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
A Better Breakfast Waffle
For a weekend treat, dig into this yummy waffle dish. You’ll think you’re being “bad,” but it still packs a nutritional punch.
- Whole-wheat waffle, 1
- Natural peanut butter, 1 T
- Blueberries, 1 c
- Banana, 1
- Cook waffle according to package instructions.
- Spread peanut butter over waffle; sprinkle blueberries and banana slices on top.
Fresh Fish and Veggies
This classic dish will never go out of style. Plus, it’s super yummy and nutritious!
- Wild fish (tilapia, flounder, trout), 4 oz.
- Carrots, ½ c (chopped)
- Green beans, ½ c (chopped)
- Olive oil, 1 T
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet; add the vegetables and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add the fish; sauté 5 minutes more.
- Plate and serve!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cut the refined carbs and get a filling wrap with protein and creamy avocado!
- Romaine lettuce, 4 large leaves
- Avocado, ½ (sliced)
- Grilled chicken, 4 oz. (chopped)
- Grill or sauté the chicken until thoroughly cooked.
- Peel and pit the avocado and slice it. Wash and dry lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the wraps by placing some chicken and avocado in the lettuce leaves and rolling them to make a “wrap.”
Helpful Hint: Know Your Macros!
Macronutrients are the essential factors in a healthy diet. Including these 3 elements in each of your meals will put you on the fast track to well-being.
It’s as simple as that!