Calling all you vegetarians out there! Here are some ideas for healthy, delicious salads that will keep you feeling full for hours. It can be so easy to fall into a pattern of not having a particularly varied
This salad will bring a lovely splash of vibrancy to your plate – the colors of the Italian flag. This traditional salad is made with just slices of Mozzarella cheese and fresh basil in an olive-oil and vinegar dressing, sprinkled with a good twist of freshly ground black pepper.
Looks good hey? Well, this version adds ripe avocado to make a more filling and nutritious plate of food.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 6 large ripe tomatoes
- 250g Mozzarella cheese
- 8 large leaves of basil
- 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Just arrange the sliced tomato, mozzarella and avocado as in the picture above.
- Mix the oil, lemon juice and balsamic and pour over the dish.
- Garnish with fresh basil and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
Goats’ Cheese Salad
This warm salad is a must for anyone who loves the rich, warming taste of toasted goats’ cheese. The creamy texture of the melted cheese contrasts so well with the crunchy toasted bread and crispy salad.
- 8 slices French bread (baguette)
- 200g roll of goat’s cheese
- 1 bag mixed baby salad leaves
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp raspberry or white wine vinegar
- 4 chopped walnuts
- 1 apple or peach
- Slice the baguette so you have 8 pieces. Arrange the washed salad leaves onto 4 plates with a slice of apple or peach on each plate.
- Mix the oil, vinegar and chopped walnuts.
- Grill the slices of bread on one side only until golden.
- Turn the pieces over and place a slice of goats’ cheese on top of each piece of bread and grill for 2-3 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Arrange the cheese toasts over the salad and pour over the walnut dressing.
- ½ a bag mixed salad leaves
- 1 peeled banana
- ½ an apple
- 10 cm peeled cucumber
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Chop the banana,apple, tomato, kiwi and cucumber into slices.
- Arrange over the salad leaves and pour over the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped parsley and serve.