Coconut Crusted Tilapia
Impressing your spouse or significant other does not have to require hours slaving over a hot stove. You also don’t need to resort to taking them out to the most expensive restaurant in town. Go the homemade route and really knock their socks off with this coconut crusted tilapia!
- Tilapia filets 2
- Salt ½ t
- Pepper ½ t
- Lemon (halved) 1
- Coconut oil 3 T
- Unsweetened coconut (shredded) ⅓ c
- Pomegranate arils ½ c
- Fresh cilantro (chopped) ¼ c
- Lime juice (from ½ lime)
- Orange juice (from ½ orange)
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a saucepan, heat the shredded coconut for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Season both sides of tilapia with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat tilapia in coconut oil over medium-high for 4 minutes. Flip the tilapia, sprinkle with toasted coconut, and cook another few minutes so fish flakes with a fork. Transfer to serving dish.
- In a separate bowl, combine pomegranate arils, cilantro, lime and orange juices, and pinch of salt. Drizzle mixture over tilapia and serve.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/