Yum, who doesn’t love butter or chicken? That is what we’re going to give you today: a butter-based recipe that will have your friends and families salivating!
- Unsalted butter ¼ lb.
- Full-fat Greek yogurt 1 ½ c
- Lemon juice 2 T
- Turmeric 1 ½ T
- Garam masala 2 T
- Cumin 2 T
- Chicken thighs 3 lbs.
- Vegetable oil 4 t
- Yellow onions (diced) 2
- Garlic (minced) 4 cloves
- Fresh ginger (minced) 3 T
- Cumin seeds 1 T
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Tomatoes (diced) 2
- Jalapeno pepper (deseeded and diced) 1
- Salt to taste
- Chicken stock ⅔ c
- Cream 1 ½ c
- Tomato paste 1 ½ t
- Almonds (chopped) 3 T
- Cilantro ½ bunch
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, lemon juice, and first 3 spices; whisk. Add the chicken and coat thoroughly with mixture. Cover and set aside to marinate.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat and melt the butter in it. Add the onions and cook until caramelized. Then add the garlic, ginger, and cumin seeds.
- Toss in the tomatoes, the cinnamon stick, the jalapeno, and some salt; cook 10 minutes.
- Now add the marinade and chicken; cook 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer; cook uncovered for ½ hour.
- Continue simmering while you add the tomato paste and cream. Cook 15 minutes more.
- Finally, add the almonds; cook 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/