Who doesn’t love warm, freshly-baked banana bread? Fill your kitchen with this comforting aroma and watch the smiles on your friends’ and family’s faces when they bite into this classic treat.
- Whole-wheat pastry flour, 1 ½ c
- Ripe bananas, 3
- Cacao nibs, 2 T
- Dark chocolate chips, 2 T
- Pecans, 1 c
- Salt, ¼ t
- Baking soda, 1 ½ t
- Olive oil, 3 T
- Honey, ½ c
- Vanilla extract, 1 t
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine bananas, olive oil, honey, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Fold in the cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips, and nuts.
- Combine the whole-wheat pastry flour, salt, and baking soda; add to the other ingredients.
- Coat a loaf pan with butter or oil and pour the bread batter in.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes. To check for doneness, stick a fork into the loaf vertically. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
- Remove from oven, let cool before slicing.