A staple on just about everyone’s shopping list, butter is a great item to have on hand for a variety of dishes. Let’s get the butter ball rolling and cook yummy shortbread bites!
- Unsalted butter 1 stick
- Egg yolk 1
- Sugar ¼ c
- All-purpose flour 1 c
- Baking powder ⅛ t
- Salt ⅛ t or less
- Fruit preserves or jam ⅓ c
- Powdered sugar for garnish
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- In a large bowl, add the stick of butter. Use a hand mixer to beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Carefully incorporate the egg yolk and sugar until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
- In a separate bowl, add the baking powder, salt, and flour. While mixing the butter mixture, slowly add the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the dough into a large cylinder. Store in freezer for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 F. Take the dough cylinder and grate off about half of the dough, placing the pieces at the bottom of a baking dish to form a base. Spread some fruit preserves or jam over this, but leave a border of about ½ on all sides. Grate the rest of the dough cylinder and place the pieces over the preserves or jam.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until the shortbread bites are a nice golden brown. Remove from oven and cool before sprinkling with powdered sugar and serving.
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/