This recipe is both delicious and easy-to-make. It is easily applicable, because you can change it according to your needs and the products in your grocery list. However, we’re sharing the original recipe with you, so get ready to listen “Mmm!” and “Yummy!” throughout the whole day from your loved ones.
- Champignon mushrooms 150 gr
- Shitake mushrooms 200 gr
- Chanterelle mushrooms 100 gr
- Cream cheese 250 gr
- Bread 1 loaf
- Carrots 2
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Wash, clean and chop the mushrooms in small pieces. On a heated stove, prepare a pan with oil and add the mushrooms. In the beginning, fry the mushrooms on a medium-high heat and then on a low heat. While frying, add spices and herbs of choice (Italian herbs mix - dried oregano, basilica, rosemary and thyme). When the mushrooms get a darker-brown color, remove them the pan from the stove.
- Cut the bread into slices and remove the soft part. Be careful not to damage it, because you’ll need whole pieces of the middle of each slice of bread. Flatten each piece with a rolling pin and leave them on a plate.
- While preparing the mixture, remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and leave it at room temperature.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then cook on a low temperature. You can choose whatever you prefer of the following: chop into small cubes and mix with the mushrooms, or chop into circles and use it as garnish.
- After you cook the mushrooms, prepare the bread slices. Stir cream cheese over each soft slice, cover with mushroom mixture and make small roll ups. Repeat the steps until you spend all ingredients.
Alternative for the filling
- This dish is nutritious by itself, considering that consists of bread, three kinds of mushrooms and cheese. However, maybe you're a fan of meat and your every meal is not enough tasty if does not contain meat, so in the same filling you can add small fried ham cubes, chopped turkey meat or dry-cured sausage.
- This recipe will not take a lot of time and it is ideal if you have unexpected guests, if you’re preparing a big party and you’re out of ideas for yummy food or simply, if you’re in the mood to watch a good movie and enjoy a delicious dinner with your loved one.
- Bon appetite, gourmand!
Buy Me a Pie! https://blog.buymeapie.com/