Nobody wants to be a short-order cook, but is that possible when you have a family to feed? It is with kid-friendly dinner recipes! You can indeed provide a delicious and nutritious meal that parents and children will scarf up. Try these kid friendly dinner recipes and be amazed!
Honey-Lime Chicken Kabobs with Mango
Chicken is popular in dinner recipes for kids because it’s easy to cook. Add some citrusy flavor and nutrition with mangoes.
- (1-inch cubes) skinless, boneless chicken breast, 1 pound
- grated lime zest, 2 t
- minced garlic, 2 t
- chili powder, 1 t
- kosher salt, ¼ t
- cooking spray
- fresh lime juice, 2 T
- honey, 1 T
- peeled and sliced mangoes, 2
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Mix lime zest, garlic, chili powder, and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and coat thoroughly. Pierce chicken onto 8 6-in. skewers. Cover broiler pan with cooking spray and place kabobs. Broil 4 minutes each side.
- Stir juice and honey in a bowl. Place kabobs and mango slices on serving dish and top with honey mixture. Add chili powder to taste.
Crispy Broccoli-Carrot Fritters with Yogurt-Dill Sauce
Kid-friendly dinner recipes don’t have to to dull and unimaginative. Class it up with a special sauce to go with yummy fried veggie bites.
- water, 4 c
- broccoli florets, 2 c
- thinly-sliced carrots, 1 c
- all-purpose flour, ½ c
- grated Parmesan cheese, 1/3 c
- salt, ½ t
- ground red pepper, 1/8 t
- thinly-sliced green onions, 2
- large egg, 1
- olive oil, 2 T
- plain, low-fat yogurt, 1 c
- chopped fresh dill, 2 t
- In saucepan, boil broccoli, water, and carrots 4 minutes; drain. Dry and finely chop broccoli. Combine flour and broccoli mixture in bowl; add cheese, salt, pepper, onions, and egg. Evenly coat.
- Add oil to large skillet and heat over medium-high. Measure ¼ c broccoli mixture; add to pan and press gently. Repeat for 7-8 fritters. Cook 4 minutes until golden-brown.
- Mix yogurt and dill in a bowl. Serve with fritters.
Pinwheel Italian Calzones
You don’t need take-out for kid-friendly recipes for dinner. Try these crowd-pleasing calzones for a new take on pizza night.
- ricotta cheese, ½ c
- Italian seasoning, 1 t
- salt, ¼ t
- grated Parmesan cheese, ¼ c
- shredded mozzarella cheese, ½ c
- chopped pepperoni, ½ c
- diced green bell pepper, ¼ c
- diced onion, 2 T
- refrigerated crescent-roll dough, 1 (8 oz) can
- pizza sauce, 1 (14 oz) jar
- Preheat over to 350 degree F.
- Combine all three cheeses, Italian seasoning, salt, pepperoni, bell pepper, and onion in medium bowl; reserve.
- Open dough and separate into 4 rectangles; press edges to seal. Coat dough evenly with mixture; roll up the dough, starting on short side. Slice each roll into 4; place cut-side down on baking pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes while warming pizza sauce on stove. Pour warmed sauce into small dipping bowls. Serve pinwheels with sauce.