Tired of being a short-order cook? Then try these healthy dinners for kids! They are almost effortless and provide the perfect blend of flavor and fun. Healthy dinner recipes for kids can be adult-friendly while appealing to little mouths!
You can add veggies to your
- eggs, slightly beaten, 2
- zucchini, shredded, 2 c
- plain bread crumbs, 1/3 c
- onion, chopped, 1/3 c
- salt, 1 t
- dried oregano, ½ t
- pepper, ¼ t
- lean ground beef, 1 ½ lbs.
- brown sugar, 1 T
- ketchup, 2 T
- yellow mustard, ½ t
- Preheat oven to 350F. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl. Place mixture into an ungreased casserole dish (9 ½ inches deep). Bake 35 minutes.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients for the topping in a small bowl.
- Take out meatloaf and drain fat. Pour topping over meat, bake 10-15 minutes. Ensure internal temperature reaches 160F and meat is cooked thoroughly. Cool 5 minutes, serve.
Roasted Halibut with Citrus Salsa
When you think of healthy dinner recipes for kids, do you think of fish? Why not? You can make this a scrumptious dinner, and even get kids to eat their fruit, too!
- grapefruit, 2 large
- jalapeno chile, 1
- dried red onion, 3 T
- fresh basil, 2 T
- thyme, 1 t
- halibut filets, 1-inch thick, 4
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 450F. Peel and segment grapefruits, add segments and juice to small bowl. Add chile, onions, basil, and thyme.
- Coat fish with vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. Bake on lined or greased baking sheet for 10-12 minutes.
- Top fish with salsa, serve.
Fabulous Fish Sandwiches
Making healthy dinners for kids doesn’t have to be a chore. You can even make sandwiches that will keep them nourished and happy. A cute fish design makes it even more fun!
- frozen breaded fish filets, 1 package (21 ounces)
- mayo, ½ c
- ranch dressing, ¼ c
- sweet pickle relish, 2 T
- garlic powder, ¼ t
- white bread, 12 slices
- American cheese, 6 slices
- lettuce leaves, 6
- Cook fish according to instructions on package. Thoroughly mix mayo, ranch dressing, relish, and garlic powder in small bowl. Spread onto 6 bread slices.
- Put 2 fish filets on each bread slice.
- Add cheese and lettuce, then top with second bread slice. Use fish-shaped cookie cutter to shape each sandwich into 2 fish. Serve cold.
Some Tips for Making Healthy Dinners for Kids
Use these tricks to whip up some easy and healthy dinner recipes for kids.
- Incorporate new ingredients by mixing them with your child’s favorite foods.
- Get kids excited by including them in prep.
- Introduce a new recipe each week.