Creamy Avocado-Covered Salmon
A blend of Southwestern flavors gives boring old salmon a much-needed makeover! Pair it with the rich creaminess of the avocado, and you’ve got one delicious and nutritious weeknight dinner.
- Salmon fillet, 2 lbs. (divided into quarters)
- Ground cumin, 1 t
- Paprika powder, 1 t
- Onion powder, 1 t
- Chili powder, 1 t
- Garlic powder, ½ t
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Avocados, 2 (chopped)
- Red onion, 1 small (diced)
- Garlic clove, 1 (minced)
- Lime juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil, 1 T
- Fresh cilantro, 1 T (minced)
- Mix cumin, paprika powder, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Apply the spice blend to the salmon fillets; chill in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Use a fork to mash the avocado in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine red onion, garlic clove, lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper to the avocado; blend thoroughly.
- Take salmon fillets out of fridge; preheat grill to medium-high.
- Grill the fillets for 6-10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Plate the fillets, drizzling avocado sauce to garnish.