Chocolatey Pudding Fondant
What a delightful after-dinner sweet! This chocolate pudding ups the ante and is a nice alternative to the tired chocolate fondue dessert.
- Unsalted butter, 8 T (plus extra for greasing)
- Unsweetened cocoa, 4 t
- Bittersweet chocolate (at least 70%), 4 oz. (chopped)
- Eggs, 2 large
- Egg yolks, 2 large
- Superfine granulated sugar, 2/3 c
- All-purpose flour, 2/3 c
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Use the butter to grease 4 large ramekins and place parchment paper in each. Grease the papers with butter and lightly dust with cocoa.
- Place a small mixing bowl over a saucepan filled with boiling water. Add the chocolate and butter gradually until melted. Remove from heat and stir consistently. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the whole eggs, yolks, and sugar; whisk until thick. Slowly add the chocolate mixture while whisking.
- Sift flour over the mixture while folding it in with a spoon.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the ramekins; bake in oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from oven; use a plate to flip the chocolate pudding onto the plate and serve.