The ideal dessert, this baked cheesecake is a decadent way to end the evening. Simple yet refined, it is sure to please the crowd.
- Digestive cookies (crushed), 1 ¼ c
- Unsalted butter (melted), 2 T plus extra for greasing the pan
- Granulated sugar, 1 ¼ c
- All-purpose flour, 1 T
- Cream cheese (room temperature), 4 (8 oz.) containers
- Vanilla extract, 1 t
- Heavy cream, ¼ c
- Egg yolk (room temperature), 1
- Eggs (room temperature), 3 large
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Butter a 9-inch baking pan. In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter and the crushed cookies; combine thoroughly and transfer to the baking pan to form a crust.
- Now combine the sugar and flour in the mixing bowl; reserve. In a separate bowl, place the cream cheese and use a hand mixer (or stand mixer) to beat it until it forms a smooth consistency. As you mix, add the sugar in slow batches and thoroughly combine.
- Add the vanilla and cream while slowly mixing the batter. Pour in the egg yolk, followed by the 3 eggs, one at a time.
- Once the batter is completely mixed, pour it on top of the crust in the baking pan. Bake 45-60 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown (the center should be slightly set.) Turn off oven and cool for another 60 minutes.
- Remove baking pan from oven and cool for another 90 minutes. Transfer to fridge until ready to serve.