California Sushi Rolls
You don’t have to be in sunny California to enjoy a delightful sushi roll. Just hit the Asian aisle of your grocery store for the ingredients, and be your own sushi chef!
- sushi rice
- nori (seaweed sheet)
- cucumber (thinly sliced)
- avocado (sliced)
- heavy mayo
- crab sticks
- sesame seeds (black or white)
- Place the nori down flat on the table or countertop. Apply a thin layer of sushi rice to the nori, leaving about ½ inch around each side and gently pressing the rice to nori.
- Spread sesame seeds over the rice.
- Turn it upside down to have nori layer above rice.
- Put two crab sticks in the center, horizontally.
- Put 2 or 3 slices of avocado next to the crab sticks.
- Put 2 or 3 slices of cucumber on the opposite side of the crab sticks.
- Use one hand to keep the ingredients in place on the nori. Use your other hand to carefully roll up the nori as you would a burrito. Push down slightly on the sushi roll to ensure that everything stays in place.
- Use a sharp knife to cut out 8 pieces of your California sushi roll. Enjoy!