For a fun weeknight meal, go for a light and fit asian pasta salad. An asian salad is colorful, different, and easy to make with a
Avocado and Mango Pasta Salad
- elbow pasta, 8 oz.
- Hass avocado (peeled, pitted, halved, diced), 1
- mango (peeled, diced), 1
- carrot (peeled, grated), 1
- red cabbage (shredded), ¼ c
- green onion (minced), 1
- pine nuts, 2 T
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- soy sauce, 2 T
- sesame oil, 2 t
- sugar, 1 ½ t
- sesame seeds, ½ t
- Make the salad dressing by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and sesame seeds; whisk thoroughly; reserve.
- Take a large pot and boil water. Add salt and pasta; cook until al dente. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked pasta, the avocado, mango, carrot, cabbage, green onion, and pine nuts. Drizzle the salad dressing over top; toss thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Chicken Salad Ramen
- iceberg lettuce (sliced), 1 large head
- coleslaw mix (shredded), 7 oz. (about half a package)
- cilantro (chopped), 1 bunch
- green onions (chopped), 1 bunch
- red bell pepper (chopped), 1
- chicken (cooked, chopped), 8 oz. (optional)
- sunflower seeds, ½ c (can also use peanuts or sliced almonds)
- ramen noodles (crushed) 1 package
- vegetable oil, 1 ¼ c
- rice vinegar, 3 T
- soy sauce, ¼ c
- sesame seed oil, 1 T
- sugar, 1 T
- To make the salad dressing, combine the vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, and sugar; whisk; reserve.
- Combine the remaining salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad; toss thoroughly; serve immediately and enjoy!
Asian Shrimp Pasta Salad
- fusilli pasta, ½ lb.
- carrot (shredded), 2 c
- cucumber (peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced), ½
- small shrimp (peeled, cooked), 12 oz.
- cilantro (chopped), ¼ c
- green onions (minced), 2
- lime juice, 2 T
- rice wine vinegar, ¼ c
- vegetable oil, ¼ c
- soy sauce, 1 T
- salt, ¼ t
- sriracha, to taste
- peanuts (roasted, chopped), ¼ c
- Cook the fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water; add to a large salad bowl.
- Add the carrots, cucumber, shrimp, cilantro, and green onions to the pasta; thoroughly toss.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, salt, and sriracha.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad; toss.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the salad; serve immediately.